National Bereavement Organizations
- American Academy of Bereavement P.O. Box 912 Buffalo, NY 14225-0912 800-726-3888 www.bereavementacademy.org Affiliate of the Center for Hospice & Palliative Care that provides extensive training related to palliative care and bereavement issues.
- Center for Loss and Transition 3735 Broken Bow Road Ft. Collins, CO 80526 970-226-6050 www.centerforloss.com
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization 1901 N. Moore Street Suite 901 Arlington, VA 22209 703-243-5900 www.nhpco.org Offers training through its Council of Hospice Professionals.
- The Dougy Center: National Center for Grieving Children and Families P.O. Box 86852 Portland, OR 97286 503-775-5683 www.dougy.org Center for grieving children & families that has served as a model for other centers around the country. Provides training in how to develop such a program.
- Association for Death Education and Counseling 342 North Main Street West Hartford, CT 06117-2507 860-586-7503 www.adec.org The home organization for many professionals who work with death, dying, and bereavement.
- New England Center for Loss and Transition P.O. Box 185311 Hamden, CT 06518 www.covect.org Holds annual conference on loss and bereavement. Keeps a database of support resources all over the Northeastern United States.
Hospice Written Resources
- Centering Corporation 1531 N. Saddle Creek Road Omaha, NE 68104 402-553-1200 www.centering.org Book service that specializes in books and audio-video materials related to illness, death and bereavement.
- Compassion Books 477 Hannah Branch Road Burnsville, NC 28714 828-675-5909 www.compassionbooks.com Book service that specializes in books and audio-video materials related to illness, death, and bereavement.
Hospice Support Organizations
- AARP – Widowed Person’s Service 800-424-3410 www.aarp.org/griefandloss Support groups and services for widows and widowers.
- Fernside- A Center for Grieving Children 2303 Indian Mound Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45212 513-841-1012 www.fernside.org Information and support service for grieving children and their caregivers.
- The Compassionate Friends P.O. Box 3696 Oak Brook, IL 60522-3696 630-990-0010 www.compassionatefriends.org Self-help organization for parents who have had a child die. Also has a catalog of excellent printed materials.
- Theos 322 Boulevard of the Allies – Suite 105 Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1919 412-471-7779 Information and support groups for widowed persons nationwide.
Hospice Grief/Bereavement Websites
- www.counselingstlouis.net This is the Sibling Connection website- information for anyone who has lost a sibling.
- When You Feel You’ve Lost Your Purpose After Caregiving Ends
- When You’re Sleeping Poorly — Or Not at All
- When You Feel Consumed by Guilt
- When You Don’t Feel Appreciated
- When You’re in Over Your Head
- When You Lose Your Temper
- When You Feel Your Family Is Being Torn Apart
- When You’re Just Not Eating Right
- When You Don’t See Friends Much Any More
- When You Resent Being a Caregiver
- When You’re Grieving . . . but Your Loved One Is Still Alive
- When No One Will Help
Diagnosis Related Web Sites
Related Provider Resources
- State of Missouri Palliative & Hospice Provider
- Sate of Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Provider
- State of Kansas Palliative & Hospice Provider
- Hospice & Palliative Care Association of the Rockies
Call us today to learn the many benefits of the Medicare Hospice Benefit and the difference in care you will receive with Colorado Palliative & Hospice Care.